collapse collapse

* Howell Weather

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Recent Posts

Howell's Bond Upgrade - True or False?? by Tina Smilek
[Yesterday at 11:46:18 AM]

Re: Property Tax Bills by Tina Smilek
[Yesterday at 11:06:36 AM]

Re: Property Tax Bills by J Smith
[July 20, 2014, 11:35:20 AM]

Re: Energy Aggregation Letter - Screwed Up Again! by John Gazire
[July 19, 2014, 12:16:41 AM]

Re: With Police Hires - Total force is only 82? by J Branin
[July 18, 2014, 06:01:39 AM]

Re: With Police Hires - Total force is only 82? by Tina Smilek
[July 17, 2014, 10:05:44 PM]

Re: Energy Aggregation Letter - Screwed Up Again! by John Gazire
[July 17, 2014, 07:33:53 PM]

Re: With Police Hires - Total force is only 82? by John Gazire
[July 17, 2014, 07:32:32 PM]

Re: Energy Aggregation Letter - Screwed Up Again! by Tina Smilek
[July 17, 2014, 07:28:24 PM]

With Police Hires - Total force is only 82? by Tina Smilek
[July 17, 2014, 07:21:25 PM]

Re: Property Tax Bills by Tina Smilek
[July 17, 2014, 06:50:02 PM]

Re: Property Tax Bills by John Gazire
[July 17, 2014, 05:17:28 PM]

* Our Site Is Protected

SiteLock

* Registration Requirements

Your Username must include at least your first initial and your last name. No Anonymous screen names will be permitted

* Petition

Author Topic: School Board Candidates for Nov.  (Read 4892 times)

Online Al Miller

• Full
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Howell Township Board of Education and act as a community representative ONLY when the board is legally in session. All statements made here are mine as a private citizen and represent my personal opinions and not the opinions of the HTBOE.

Offline jknoll

Re: School Board Candidates for Nov.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »
It is not too early to remind everyone and anyone that cares about our school system to vote for Jeanette Smith. She has repeatedly proven her caring, professionalism, knowledge and common sense. I believe that she and Al Miller are 2 of the best board members Howell has had in the 23 years I live here.

Offline Curtis Vislocky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
I agree. Thank you Jeanette and Al.

Offline Tina Smilek

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »
I have enjoyed my discussions with Jeanette and have learned a lot from her.  She is everything you have said and more.

Her willingness to discuss the issues with the average resident any time she can shows her commitment to connect on a personal level and not like the typical candidate who only cares what you have to say when they need your vote.

Good Luck Jeanette!! You have my support and my vote.

Being honest may not get you many friends but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon.

Online John Gazire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »
Where is the LIKE button? 8)
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Sit down" I stood up.
Bruce

Offline Jeanette Smith

• Full
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 06:00:19 AM »
I am so overwhelmed by your kind words, thank you!
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Howell Township Board of Education and act as a community representative ONLY when the board is legally in session. All statements made here are mine as a private citizen and represent my personal opinions and not the opinions of the HTBOE.

Online Al Miller

• Full
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
Thank you everyone.

I always say it is an Honor to serve with Jeanette. She is extremely dedicated to the Students, Staff and Taxpayers of this District.

Offline Jeanette Smith

• Full
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:38:11 AM »
I can say the same about you Al! Tireless efforts on behalf of our community are your trademark.

Whatever happens in November, it has been my honor and pleasure to serve the community for the past three years.

I ran with Suzanne Brennan three years ago when we really did not know each other very well. Now that we have had the opportunity to work together, I am really hoping that the community will decide to re-elect both of us. I have the greatest respect for Suzanne. We share a similar motivation to serve our community and our skill sets compliment each other very well. I will also be supporting Anna Kristjansdottir. She has served the community as a citizen member of the Nutritional Advisory committee for 2 years and is a parent of a high school student and an elementary school student. I believe she would be an asset to the board and a strong advocate for our students and community.

Online Al Miller

• Full
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
Thank you Jeanette.

This November I will be supporting Jeanette Smith, Suzanne Brennan and Anna Kristjansdottir for Howell K-8 School Board.

I will also be supporting Amy Fankhauser for Howell's Representative for Freehold Regional School Board.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:35:40 PM by Al Miller »

Offline Jeanette Smith

• Full
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 08:16:48 AM »

Online Al Miller

• Full
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Please spread the word. We need these Candidates on the Board of Education. Jeanette Smith & Suzanne Brennan are not only my fellow Board Members but very good friends of mine. They always weigh the impacts to the Students, Taxpayers & Staff in every decision they make. They are not afraid to question the status quo. I know these Candidates will be a great choice to represent the Howell Residents. Thank you....

Offline Jeanette Smith

• Full
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 07:13:28 AM »
Al, Thank you very much for your constant support!

If you would like a little more information about Anna Kristjansdottir, you can see it here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/brennan-smith-kristj%C3%A1nsd%C3%B3ttir-for-the-howell-township-board-of-education/anna-kristjansdottir-asks-you-to-vote-1-4-7-in-the-coming-november-5th-election/304724426337311

Also, don't forget to support Amy Fankhauser for the FRHSD Board of Education!

Offline Tina Smilek

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 12:44:31 PM »
Just wanted to revisit this thread.  I think voting for BOE Candidates is one of the toughest decision we make when voting.  All other choices can be guided by party affiliation but not BOE.  Just a group of people lumped in a line and it's up to us the voter to figure it out. 

I mean really, how do people make this decision?  BOE controls the largest part of our taxes and makes decisions that effects our future generations.

Considering I did a mail in ballot this year, and my voting is complete, I feel comfortable giving my vote to Brennan, Smith & Kristjánsdóttir and here is why.

They reached out and made the effort to let me and everyone else get to know them.  It wasn't a sign in the yard or picking the easiest name to say.  It was the fact that like Al Miller, Jeanette Smith goes out of her way to be accessible and to help the average person understand the chaos known as BOE.   

Their facebook page allowed me to get to know  Suzanne Brennan and Anna Kristjansdottir better and even gave the opportunity to ask questions if needed. 

Thank you ladies for taking the time to let us get to know you and not just your name.  You got my vote!!  Good Luck!! 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brennan-Smith-Kristj%C3%A1nsd%C3%B3ttir-for-the-Howell-Township-Board-of-Education/300814210061666

Do your homework and make an educated decision.  Know the background not just the names!!  1-4-7

Being honest may not get you many friends but it'll always get you the right ones. - John Lennon.

Offline Jeanette Smith

• Full
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 10:29:54 AM »
Tina,

Although we have never met, I truly appreciate that you see what we have been trying to accomplish and support us in those efforts. I also thank everyone that has communicated to, encouraged and supported us over the last three and half years.

I think this election represents a clear choice in representation of the community.

Suzanne Brennan, Anna Kristjansdottir and I represent fiscal stability through long range planning, a student centered focus, accountability and listening to/acting as representatives of our entire community and all stakeholders.

The other "ticket" represents past practices of the board. In case you have forgotten, those past practices contributed to a fiscal crisis resulting in massive layoffs of staff, larger class sizes and pay to play activities for students right after Suzanne and I were elected.

A change in direction and focus has been slowly occurring over the past 3-4 years with Tim O'Brien, Al Miller, Suzanne Brennan and I on the Howell Township Board of Education. It will be up to the voters to decide whether this board continues to evolve or returns to the way things used to be. I am comfortable in leaving that up to the majority of voters to decide where we go from here and what they want for our students and taxpayers.

I would like to tell everyone that it has been an incredible honor and privilege serving you on the BOE. I have truly appreciated this opportunity. Please know that I have worked every day since being elected trying to fulfill the responsibilities that you entrusted me with as your representative.

Finally, if you haven't seen it already, here is the website for FRHSD candidate Amy Fankhauser   https://sites.google.com/site/amyfankhauserforfrhsd/home   Amy has been actively involved in Howell Township education for many years and I think she would be a strong advocate for our community and students on the FRHSD BOE.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:50:08 PM by Jeanette Smith »

Online John Gazire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
You know you have my support.
Not everyone likes to post on message boards but I would like to see a few of them at least LIKE the Our Howell NJ Facebook page. We do try to advertized BOE and  school group events and you never know when there could be a Township emergency or lost pet that could help get the word passed around.
I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd but when they said "Sit down" I stood up.
Bruce

* Calendar

July 2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Shout Box

Refresh History
  • John Gazire: Want a great weekend but need a little rain.
    July 13, 2014, 02:47:32 PM
  • John Gazire: safe and healty 4th of July weekend.
    July 03, 2014, 10:30:31 AM
  • John Gazire: Go Team USA
    June 26, 2014, 01:19:42 PM
  • John Gazire: Major Fire in Aldrich Plaza. Updates on Facebook page.
    June 23, 2014, 11:20:59 PM
  • John Gazire: Rainy week
    June 11, 2014, 08:19:28 PM
  • John Gazire: Found Dog/Pics on Facebook page
    June 05, 2014, 04:50:38 PM
  • John Gazire: Primary Election Day and Shivers Ice Cream.
    June 03, 2014, 03:24:06 PM
  • John Gazire: Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
    May 26, 2014, 11:35:18 AM
  • John Gazire: Great weekend weather so far.
    May 17, 2014, 04:58:27 PM
  • John Gazire: Ice Cream post on Facebook.
    May 15, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
  • John Gazire: Let's Go Yankees.
    May 12, 2014, 10:54:24 PM
  • John Gazire: Just great a thunderstorm to wash all the fertilizer and grass seed I just put down away.
    May 03, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
  • John Gazire: Kentucky Derby Day.
    May 03, 2014, 02:41:23 PM
  • John Gazire: Welcome new members. Feel free to post and join in.
    April 27, 2014, 10:28:05 AM
  • John Gazire: Let's Go Yankees.
    April 01, 2014, 06:21:34 AM
  • bob walsh: please no snow!!budget constraints
    March 16, 2014, 10:13:45 PM
  • John Gazire: Im ready for Spring.
    March 12, 2014, 04:57:56 PM
  • John Gazire: More snow
    March 03, 2014, 10:15:42 AM
  • John Gazire: Boogity Boogity Boogity .... Let's go Racin'
    February 23, 2014, 12:21:31 PM
  • John Gazire: Snow Day Thurs Feb 13th